Monday, May 4, 2009

Perfect Reflections

Friday night orienteering was a great success. We 'scored' by going directly to 7 out of 7 controls. We're getting our team system down for navigation. Seems that Paulette and Jason will be primary navigators, Gary is the detail man for monitoring minutes, terrain, etc. Lisa will soon be in charge of other details such as eating, drinking, etc. This will benefit all of us.
Responsibility of navigation means a lot: Great challenges, I get to play with all the maps which I love to do and that I could be responsible for taking the team on 'alternate routes.' UGH! The house is full of maps and they make great placemats on the kitchen table. Ask Randy.

Team paddling in double kayaks Saturday and Sunday for a total of 7 hours. Thanks to Barb and Dark Canyon Sports at Global Market, we have 2 double kayaks to paddle. There wasn't a breeze or a ripple on Pactola. It was beautiful paddling. Drew joined us both days. Drew loves to have his picture taken so check it out soon when posted! Lisa C. paddled in one of the doubles with us. Jason is in Wisconsin.

Unfortunately, I realized that my perception does not fit in the garage if it is loaded on the top of my vehicle. Crazy noise I heard when I tried to do it! I have managed to make it 20+ years of kayaking without attempting this. The good news is the Honda Element is a strong vehicle and the only damage was one of 4 Yakima posts. Whew!

Life is better in a kayak,
Paulette

No comments: