Friday, June 12, 2009

Dear Primal Quest

The latest article in the Rapid City Journal was titled Team South Dakota Gels. We had a 4 hour 'stationary' team meeting this week. A "talking to PQ" type of meeting. I suppose we are geling. Hey!!! Everyone! This is really tough stuff ! There is training, the aches and pains, attempts to attain funds to obtain the remainder of our gear. THANKS again to everyone who has helped so far. THANKS to those who will !You are or can be on our web site and make a tax deductible contribution. There is work and business to fit in. And our dearest spouses and families and friends who see us in passing. And, again, the ultimate challenge, gel the team.

And the most asked question still is: "How is the training going?" It is going, and going and going......We went caving the last week in May. I love caving! This cave was mostly climbing. Quite a work out for all of us. We climbed the night before and trekked 8 hours the day after. We camped out for the weekend. The weather gods were good to us.

Another weekend begins today. I rode my bike to clinic (25 miles), and will run about 15 miles tonight. Tomorrow is a day for individual training. Randy and I will begin at sunrise in the Badlands trekking. Then we will mountain bike in the Badlands. Sunday is a team day. We'll begin early morning with kayaking and then we'll go climbing.

I am looking forward to my visit with Kayte at Acupuncture4Health today. Kayte usually would ask a person to rest after seeing her. But I'll have my running shorts and IPOD with me, reading to zone into the world of music. Thanks to Kayte and Mary who help me continue to train and train and train.

Teamies: I will respect you.
I will be kind to you.
I will trust you
I will support you.
I will do my best for TeamSouthDakota.

On-On,

Paulette

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Team SD! Just wanted you to know someone is reading this and pulling for you all the way over in Iraq. I don't often get on a computer that allows me to read blogs, so it is a treat when I do. I just know you are going to do well in the competition and make us all proud. Keep the faith!
floppy